Many trendy buzzwords and catch phrases are often used in fitness circles, with the phrase “training in planes” heard quite frequently. The concept, which has nothing to do with aviation, sounds interesting, but what does it really mean?
Simply put, every move we make involves one of the following three planes of motion in the body: the sagittal plane, which involves a flexion or extension, such as squatting, walking or pressing a weight overhead; the frontal plane, which is an abduction or side flexion, such as a lateral arm raise or a side bend; and the transverse plane, which involves a rotation, such as a golf swing, a swing of a baseball bat or a throw.
The benefits of training in planes are following:
- exercises the body in a balanced manner
- builds functional strength in virtually every major muscle group
- keeps all movement in proper proportion
- helps the body move more effectively because it emphasizes movement in three dimensions
- Another important benefit is that training in planes usually benefits the core muscle group, also known as the midsection, which provides the basis for a person’s ability to move. This aids virtually everything we do, giving us strength, agility, balance and body control.
We will be happy to guide you to one of our trusted personal trainers in the local Paramus area for this or another type of training. At Apex Orthopedic Rehabilitation we guide our patients to personal trainers who understand the needs of our friends and especially our patients after recovering from an injury.
Personalized Physical Therapy Services in Paramus and Ridgewood NJVoted the Most Attentive Orthopedic Physical Therapists in Bergen County
Results-Oriented Back Pain, Neck Pain, Knee Pain Treatment and Solutions
Affordable and Personalized Physical Therapy Clinic serving Paramus and Ridgewood NJ